Friday 9 December 2011

Sunshine in a bag

Hullo you.
What have i been up to you ask? A lot of baking, and cooking, and..well. :)

Tried baking Macarons again, recipe by Sorted, after a very epic failure last year or something.
Failed quite miserably the first try with a whisk, but pretty much succeeded the second try with an electric hand mixer. Hehe. As you all know, egg whites are EXTREMELY sensitve, so at the slightest mistake such as contact with fat or overfolding would end up with a big F.
I did Blue Vanilla Nutella and Chocolate Nutella and Pink Strawberry Jam :3
I know it doesnt look like those you find in shops, yep its still not proper yet and i know i went wrong somewhere so im still in the process of learning and improving. Ha.
Im not quite there yet, but it tastes suuuuuuuper good so we're happy :B
A few days later i baked Vanilla Shortbread Cookies, recipe by Laura Vitale.
Ohhhhhhh this one was "so simple and easy" (quoted by her haha) and i just loved the part where you squeeze/cut/poke the dough because it was like suuuuuuuper soft and fluffy and when you eat it right when it comes out of the oven...
oh youre in Heaven. :3

A few days later a few days later, Ezt requested for more Macarons.. Haha so Mumma and i made it again!. This time we kinda explored with the flavors.We did Green Vanilla Nutella and Orange Peanut Butter.
Oh wow, i must say, the OPB ones were surprisingly really good. We only used some orange zest, but that seemed to do the trick really really well. The aroma/flavor/scent of the orange was strong enough to let you know that its orange but it didnt kill the peanut butterness eiher.
Definitely making those again!. :B
Once again, i still didnt get the Macarons' "feet". Ughhh its a little frustrating, but a friend (well, kinda) of mine from Instagram told me that perhaps i overfolded them..
Yeah that is possible, probably it hehe.
Macarons are really tough and need a lot of practice before you really get them right, so im gonna keep doing it!!!
Oh did i mention how FUN it was to fold the batter and pipe them out from the piping bags and filling them up and sticking them together to make the mini hamburgers?!.
SO FUN!.

Gonna try other citrus flavors next with different fillings stay tuned!.
Hopefully they taste even better and look proper haha :3

Do check out Sorted and Laura Vitale's youtube channels by the way, they are two of my favorite cooking channels!!. :B

This was Thursday's lunch after the doctor's appointment at the hospital!.
Clockwise; Mumma's Bathura, My Paper Thosai, Puppa's Masala Thosai and Chilli Fries @ Komala's.
Really really good.
Today's fast food Friday but that was considered my fast food for the week so i would have to resist my craving for a McSpicy with cheese till next week.

One of my homemade dinners this week.

My FIRST win and draw with Aunty Kay in WordsWithFriends. Shes pro, seriously haha. But im still improving :P My gameplay/tactics is kinda bad haha.
Its seriously addictive.
My username is Lin S8.
Just saying. You know. *cough*


Met up wih this girl on Sunday, sat and caught up @ KFC from 2-9pm i think. Say whuuuuuuuuuuut. She really got skinnier i was so jealous.. Yeah i have to remind myself that KFC does NOT only sell two piece chikkins.
Lovely day. 


Mumma also asked what color case i wanted for itouchy, and i replied orange (dont ask) and she got me this.. I was like O.o this is yellow?! HAHAHAHA the brudder laughed at me. =.=

Then the next day she went out with Grandmumma and when she asked Grandmumma what color she wanted for her itouchy, Grandmumma picked the yellow/orange one. (Because it was bright and easy to find haha so cute eh) So Mumma got this green one hehe. :3


I miss you two... They have been away all week and are only coming back at the end of the weekend..
Theres Dzulkurry eating Subway and Afi hugging his smelly doll haha. Sooo cute!.
And, here below, Afi is forever licking off people's birthday cakes and frostings hahahaha soo cute!!. :B
I miss you two.... :"(


My brudder has grown so much from last year!! Hahahaha okay sorry had to.
Anyway i miss last year and those times, good times. :')

SO THIS WEEKEND IS THE 1212 SIBLING'S WEEKEND.
I sense a lot of food oh no...
HEHE WHO CARES.
Still have yet to get them their presents though, still waiting for their choices in what they want from me. (Chey chey haha)
That also reminds me, Ezt if youre reading this i will start typing in a little more proper grammar from my next post onwards.. HEHE. :3

OH i had 3 creepy dreams last night i cant even..
For the last 3 nights all my dreams seem to be tellling/reminding/emphasizing on how lonely i am/have been.
Odd.

I am blogging with someone on my mind and its quite interesting haha.



Mumma' dead cactus. Oh God, it bent over when i was showering i couldnt help but laugh hysterically AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Du vet jeg elsker deg.
Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment