Wednesday 28 September 2011

Education, my not so social life, and a nerdy llama.

Hullo hullo hullo!!! :)
GUESS WHAT IM GOING TO BE BLOGGING ABOUT TODAY!!!
YES SCHOOOOOOL!.
Well, let me tell you why i came around to wanting to blog about it (although i dont think you really want to know) after this picture of me licking a traffic light pole.
Alright, so i went exercising today (HEHE kind of) at those exercising corners around my neighbourhood today.
When we (Mum, brother and i) reached the exercise corner near my primary school, we sort of bumped into a few kids from there.
And i couldnt help but rememer those times..

AMKPS.
Yes, i am from AMKP. :)
How could you forget your primary school days?
Primary school was pretty much a bit more of a hell for me.
I was NOT an active student.
I was quiet and pretty shy and super decent (seriously, and still am :P) and i was totally and definitely NOT into sports of ANY KIND.
I was not even into performing arts.
Well, not really, i have actually ALWAYS wanted to perform but i was just super shy and not spontaneous at all, so i didnt have the guts to take that up.
I also was a little afraid to open up to new circles of friends, and the people in the peforming arts circle definitely was out of my league.
They were more outspoken and daring and loud and stuff (i mean this in a good way), and i was just none of that.
Yes.
I was a nerd.
Hey, im pretty proud of that okay haha.
I was the kid who saw importance in education (still do) and i sometimes get to be the teacher's pet.
But, hey, its the primary school.
You hand in work on time, you respond well in class, you show that youre putting effort in pulling up your grades, you handle your manners with teachers and friends and, BAM, the teachers will love you :)
I always wanted to score high high high and i must admit that i did myself proud hehe.
So anyway, i was also the kid who always played by the rules.
I would stay for remedials, and if i get scolded i would start to cry and stuff..
Meh.
ALSO, after school i would go straight home. :)
Theres a playground right behind the school where i will always ALWAYS pass by and a 711 store right across the road, and when my bestfriend asked me to come along, i would be scared to death and hesitate because Mum and Dad didnt allow me to cross roads haha.
I also avoided coming home late unless there was extra classes.
So i guess youve guessed it already.
I was not considered a cool kid.
Although i did have bffs from the cool kids ^^ :3
Hehe.
One thing i really REALLY regretted was not entering a more performing-ish club/CCA.
(I was in Brownies)
I should have been more active and participative-ish(?), it wouldve done me quite alot of good.'
It sort of made my primary school life hell haha.
But one thing i didnt regret was being a nerd i guess..
I achieved the results that ive wanted (i got 1st in class for my PSLE hehe hey proud moment of my 12 year old life okay. Okay fine im not bragging, my results werent that great anyway but i was and am still happy with it.) and got into a fairly good school so yeah.
 Some might say primary school was the best school phase of their lives, but i just dont think i can say that.
But it was fun and chill so i can say i liked primary school :)
OH YES ON MY FIRST FEW DAYS BEING A PRIMARY ONE KID I WAS BULLIED BY THE PRIMARY SIX KIDS THEY MADE ME PICK UP THEIR USED TISSUES AND WHEN I WALKED AWAY THEY CALLED ME TO ASK FOR IT BACK SHEESH LOL.
I guess i have not much else to say about primary school because we were kids, what did we know eh, but AMKPS treated me pretty well.
I can also never forget my graduation night, it was lovely.
And, if youre wondering, i do still keep in contact with friends from there.
And, surprisingly, we are in better friendships now than before.
I guess we have grown eh ;)

MFSS.
Secondary school started out as a bit of a hell to me, once again.
I was, again, a bit of a loner.
I was put in a class where i was the only Malay girl and i found it abit hard to begin connections or bonds with others, which isnt new to me.
There were programmes that was to help us create bonds and talk and stuff, but i was STILL the unspontaneous shy girl so i did have trouble doing so..
So everyday after school i would just go home.
But then, of course, i started making very lovely friends.
BUT i didnt realize how important friends were until when i reached Secondary 3.
As in, i realized they were more than just people you need to go "lepak" or chill with.
I think i can safely and rightfully say that i made the right friends.
They encourage me to study, and have never tried to get me into doing things i didnt want to.
Oh, and my studies dropped.
No, they didnt drop.
It was just that there were much smarter people in the school and i was one of the weaker ones.
Therefore, from being the tops in primary school, i was constantly being pushed to work harder and harder and harder and..
In secondary school is where i see even more importance in education.
I can get so annoyed at kids who try to influence other kids to skip school and stuff, but i guess thats their choice eh.
I also got more active! ^^
But not in sports, nope.
(Never.)
I got into a performing arts CCA(!!!!!!!!!)
Hehe i took up dance (WHICH I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH) and i realized how much it opened me up and how much i love performing in front of people how much i love practicing and rehearsals how much i love learning new steps how much i have to teach my juniors and encourage the whole dance group HOW MUCH I JUST LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!
I love it and i definitely did NOT regret that.
:)
Hehe.
OK so yeah, life in secondary school is a little bit looser, though.
I could go have lunch at McDonalds or go have a study session at the library or go drop by the mall after school without worrying about breaking the rule of crossing roads ahaha.
So life has been pretty fine for me in secondary school.
Except the studies part.
That is killing me slowly.
Oh yeah, and no, im still not a "cool kid" haha.
Im more like the "weird kid" yup.
Not sure if you can tell.


So yeah.
Still more phases of education and stuff to go but im still on the way.
Excuse me for such a wordy post.
I am pretty beat from all the exercise today :P
Oh and i had Honeydew and Watermelon Sago dessert today yum yum.
Oh yes, and could you lovely people PLEASE suggest things i could do/take up to fill my time up?
I am dying to do something worthwhile..
Yup, hanksus!. :3

Shall leave you with this quote by Glee's Chris Colfer.
(I know im a nerd but, no, im not a Gleek.)
"The best way i can describe myself in high school was that i was kind of like a social llama. Like, where does a social llama go? A llama's not a cow. Its not a horse. It might hang out with the duck once in a while, but it really has no place to belong."

Yup, that is so me.
Not just in high school though, in any school..

Brother and i just before leaving for school on the first day this year.
I WAS SO SKINNY.



Du vet jeg elsker deg.
Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment