Monday 5 September 2011

Things i probably dont really deserve (but still have the right) to say

HULL-o how yall doin!
 So sorry, been meaning to blog for quite some time but i just have no momentum no more :(
What keeps happening is that i will start blogging and then i dont like what i type and so the post sort of just hangs there..
Anyway, so in this post i am going to say or comment on things i have observed and experienced.
Hey, no hate ya.
Just some 100% of things in Lin's head which she shouldnt even think about i suppose.

Firstly, i havent been going out at all ever since i was discharged, so my parents brought me shopping last Saturday.
And i cant help but realize..there are so many boys maybe around my age-ish, teen-ish, who keeps wearing these knee-length jeans thingy.
 LOL i added them by accident, these are cargo-ish pants but you get my point!!
I dont know, maybe its just my own preference (i like them boys in long pants yessir ;) :B) but..really?
And you gotta pair it with some odd polo tee or odd printed tee?
Or those Jack Daniel's 3quart sleeves.
This is why i like older guys.
And, i know this is a repetition, i love a guy in long pants/jeans/whatever.
And i wish/hope theres still guys out there who would say the same for girls.

Now lets move on to the chickies. :)
Im not sure why, i know its hot, but i get a little annoyed when i see some girls wearing crop tops without anything under..
You know, like what this goodlookin blonde chick is wearing..
Dont get me wrong though, i love these crop tops they are so CUTE!
But i sort of cant stand it when they wear it to, say, grocery shopping when they follow their Mums or sisters to go buy milk or vegetables.
I think, unless youre off going to the club (to get drunk or grinded or whatever for) then i think its rather inapropriate to be wearing those kinda stuff.
Especially if you have pretty pop boobs or when you lift your arms then your top just lifts and shows that slim flat (or not) tummy of yours..its just inapropriate to me at those neighbourhood malls and stuff.
If youre in town or whatever, that is still fine to me.
I guess.
I mean, if your folks dont mind then yeah.
But you have got to remember there are other folks and eyes too.

Third,

branded goods.
Okay, im going to start off by clearly admitting to being a teenager who is still growing up (forever will be) and some of you are probably already thinking "Whoa. This girl needs to put on concealer on those bags under her eyes!?" upon looking at the first picture i uploaded in my first post.
Id admit i dont even know how to put on a concealer.
The first time i put on foundation (for a performance) i failed miserably, i ended up with a white face and brown neck.
But thats not my point.
Hehe.
So you can probably tell im obviously not much of a make up girl, although i do love it and is interested in it since small.
I dont bother putting on layers of those stuff on my face, usually only powder and eyeliner or something.
AND WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY HERE IS THAT i dont think young girls like me (ahem hehe) should be investing so much (of theirs/THEIR PARENTS) money on so much branded make up.
Youre only still growing up, you should just let puberty pass over you and take care of your skin first!!
Im not saying youre not taking care of your skin now btw. Just saying.
HOWEVER, i do also suppose that since its our beautiful faces, we kind of need products that are actually of good quality and stuff.
But, i think make up makes you look older.
I mean, look at my sister.
People ask if we're twins, and i believe its cuz of her naturality.
(Sigh)

Eh. Embrace those shiny cheeks, Lin.

Moving on, clothes.
I really really REALLY dig cheap pretty clothes.
Okay, who doesnt?!
Yes, like every other girl, i do splurge on things i can probably get at a cheaper price but,
i dont go captioning my photos naming what labels im wearing.
Its unnecessary...
Unless someone likes what youre wearing and asks you..
I really do think its unnecessary.
Then theres also those who try to follow their idols and what they brands they wear and stuff.
Or, you know how Tumblr is so inspiring right now.
And all the boys and the girls are lovin its style, thus suddenly turning their swag on~
I mean, chill girlllllllllllll~
Honestly though, thru my own experience, i have friends who were completely different and now..POOOF!.
Its kinda sad, but you are who you are, and i gotta love you for that.
Over all.
I just think, theres no need to show off your things or feel that theres a need to compete or follow/not lose out if your friends have these things.
I just think these things can wait at least till you start earning your own kaching girl.
If you have confidence (which i am lacking yes) then i dont think youd need all those stuff.
Yet.
Maybe when youre older and have started working and really have to present yourself, then maybe so.
Then again, you wont be judged by how much prized possesions you have when youre dead anyway.


Mkay, almost there.
Since its the Hari Raya season, i guess i might as well mention so.
I get annoyed when i see those kebaya outfits which are soooo sheer or see thru or lacy..
You just have no idea how our Malay girls wear them now.
What have been a beautiful traditional modest outfit has turned so..modern and..i dont know.
You tell me.
And then theres also those baju kurungs where the kain (skirt?) stops inches above the ankles.
Its..singkat! (brief?)
I mean,
BAJU KURUNGS AND KEBAYAS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MODEST YET SEXY!.
To me, at least.
Its so sad.
AND, to make it worse, our own Malay girls have been spotted wearing the see thru kebaya with just a bra.
And another was spotted wearing it with see thru tights and a tube dress top thingy i dont know!
Gurlll if you wanna wear it as lingerie then wear it home..
But, hey, im just saying all these because i feel so ashamed.
I keep saying "our own Malay" because i still have my Malay pride with me and I REPRESENT MALAY!.
But not all of us are the same.
But we're all looked at the same way already.
Its just so sad.
I want to live in the older times.
I want our traditional clothings to remain traditional and not racy and stuff.
Its so sad.

LASTLY.
As some of you would have already guessed, i move around on a wheelchair now.
This certainly made me realize how troublesome it is moving around.
What made it worse is the people you see throughout your journey.
Lets see.
1. GETTING THERE.
My Mum and Dad thinks convenient for not only me or themselves, but for others as well.
And since most, if not all, the buses from my house to anywhere else are not those handicapped/wheelchair/special - friendly buses,
we take cabs.
The first ever time we took a cab, the driver was friendly and helpful.
I dont think i even need to say the number of times the cabs changed their sign thingy from TAXI to BUSY almost every time..
And some drivers dont even bother helping my Mum with the wheelchair.
And they will give the bzz face throughout.
Taking the bus would be more troublesome for the driver and allt the other passengers especially if it gets crowded.
Thus, cab or walk/push.
All im saying is, to those choosy cab drivers..
I know your "main" job is to just drive people to places but to take up one whole job you have to take all the responsibilities and all the other work or "challenges" that comes with it, no..?
Imagine if YOU are the one waiting/hailing/taking a cab on a wheelchair and the driver gives a fae throughout the ride and dont even bother helping you out with the wheelchair and stuff.
Who would be happy.
But there are those really nice uncles who do come out to help and stuff.
So heres a high five for you uncles :B
*high five!*
2. WALKING AROUND.
And getting stared at.
Its not only the fact that people actually are so very oblivious to their surroundings and dont bother to move away but
they stare at you.
I mean, i know im a teenager on a wheelchair with a puffed face and i look almost normal (except with Tagederms and gauze on my chest), but is that why you people stare at me?
Is it another of our Singaporean traits.
Im just real disappointed, its mad intimidating.
Sometimes i stare at them till they realize and look away,
but most of the time i just give them my best smile because i know im not like them.
And because i look better smiling haha.
You have no idea how crazy it feels.
There are even people who get all annoyed and go "tsk" when im trying to make my way somewhere.
Its like these people think that the walkway/pathway are only for people who can walk.
Its stupid and intimidating.
Dont know how many times ive said it but its too true.
Singaporeans seems so selfish and inconsiderate.
Its sad.
I have no words to express what its like or what it feels like on what kind of treatment you get by our own people.
Just because youre on a wheelchair.
ALSO, ive noticed that Chinese guys are kinder and nicer and they sometimes give me the way while Malay guys would stare at me like im diseased.
God, why.
BUT, of course there is always good and bad, there are also those nice ones who smile and let me have some space to move but are so very rare.
Honest, okay, if i could i would get up and walk.
Im just saying these on behalf of people who have felt so as well.
Now i know how it feels to be on a wheelchair.
But i dont care if they dont give me some space to move or whatever.
Its just the way they look at me like they are assuming im on a wheelchair for the fun of it and not because i really need it.
You guys......are so mean. 

SO YA.
Thats about it.
Keep in mind that these are all my honest opinions though.
I am truly sorry if any of you are offended and things..
But, really, i stand up to my thoughts i guess.
Oh, heres a few more photos of me ever since.
Yes, the cheeks have risen like never before and i have gained weight.
How many times must i remind myself.



So drastic.
Yuck.

Battery's melting.

You know i love you.
Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment